The YSU men's and women's cross country teams held team time trials Saturday, posting 5K times on the outdoor track at Farmers National Bank Field.
According to Head Coach Brian Gorby, the team made big improvements from last year's 5K team trials, even in the windy and high humidity conditions. A combined 11 runners ran new personal best's, with eight more notching improved times from the 2019 YSU 5K team trials.
Eight runners finished with sub 16-minute times, including an additional eight who achieved new personal best's. Easterling joined the program this fall after spending last year at Akron.
- Chase Easterling - 15:04 (Previous P.B. was 15:06)
- Tyler Polman - 15:08
- Sean Peterson - 15:18 (Previous P.B. was 15:21)
- Hunter Christopher - 15:22 (Previous P.B. was 15:59)
- Ryan Meadows - 15:41 (Previous P.B. was 15:53)
- Ethan Sparks - 15:45
- Ty Coon - 15:51 (Previous P.B. was 15:57)
- Jack Aulbach - 15:55 (Previous P.B. was 16:23)
- Chase Harbaugh - 16:12 (Previous P.B. was 17:00)
- Carter McCollum - 16:18 (Previous P.B. was 16:35)
Three runners finished with new personal best's. A group of 10 runners, including top-10 Horizon League finishers Morgan Cole, Nicole Squatrito and Natalie Fleming did not run in the team time trail on Saturday.
- Morgan Cole - 17:52
- Julia Magliocca - 18:48 (Previous P.B. was 19:14)
- Ashley Ventimiglia - 18:58
- Lauren Dolak - 19:53 (Previous P.B. was 20:30)
- Camryn Kohut recorded her first 5K P.B. at 21:00